Herbal Recipes for Normal Skin
Some very simple tips for looking after your normal skin with the help of herbs.
1. Elderflowers, Lavender and Rosewater are all classic toners for all skin types. Make a strong infusion of any of the above, refrigerate and use within 3 days.
2. Use an extract (not the distilled version from the pharmacy) of Witch Hazel as an astringent, a skin freshener and to soothe skin irritations.
3. Fennel Wrinkle Mask – Mix a strong infusion of crushed fennel seeds with enough honey and yogurt to form a paste, add some additional dried fennel leaves, mix well, apply to skin.
4. Sage Cleansing Milk – 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 drops cider vinegar, 2teaspoons sage infusion. Warm combined oil and honey. Add warm sage infusion and the vinegar – stir well. Ingredients are for one application.
5. Buttermilk is great, healthy and versatile addition to your diet, but it also makes an excellent cleanser. It can be mixed with juice or puree of lemons, strawberries, tomatoes, honey or beaten egg white.