Herbal Potions for Red Hair
Some simple herbal tips to enhance your red tresses.
1) Use strong black coffee as a final rinse
2) Make a strong decoction of rosehips, rinse through clean, damp hair. Leave for 15 minutes then wash out with clear water.
3) Make a strong infusion of red hibiscus, rinse through clean, damp hair. Leave for 15 minutes then wash out with clear water.
4) A strong Marigold infusion makes a rinse which brings out red and gold highlights in light brown and red hair. Also try saffron as another alternative.
5) Colouring Henna Conditioner – For this potion you need Henna powder and a good natural conditioner. Mix henna using half the water as directed on the package. Add enough conditioner until you get a nice creamy consistency. Apply to hair, massage thoroughly. Leave on hair following directions as indicated on package – Shampoo out. This recipe can be made with colourless henna to increase volume of fine hair without adding colour.
6) Red Hair Booster -1/2 cup beet juice, 1/2 cup carrot juice, mix then pour over clean, damp hair. Wrap head in plastic wrap and apply hot towel or sit in the sun for one hour. Shampoo out.
The natural methods of colouring your hair are not instant. Unlike the chemical products these methods take repeated application over a period of time to bring out the desired result.
Check out Infusions vs Decoctions to learn the difference between these two extraction methods.