Herbal Potions for Blonde Hair
Some simple herbal tips to enhance your blonde curls.
1) A treatment to make your hair a brighter blonde – 10 teaspoons of chamomile flowers, 1 cup pf water, ½ cup of plain yoghurt, 4 drops of lavender essential oil – Almost boil the water then pour over chamomile flowers – stir to make sure the water gets to all the buds, then cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain infusion and mix with oil and yoghurt. Apply to dry hair massaging it through thoroughly.
Cover head with plastic wrap – leave for 30 minutes. Shampoo and dry as usual.
2) Rinse hair with a lemon juice solution after shampooing ( 1 tsp of lemon juice to 4 litres of water)
3) To restore hair that was once blonde, mix 10g of liquorice root with 10g of oat straw, add a pinch of saffron. Cover with water and bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 – 15minutes. Strain and cool the decoction. Use as a rinse after shampooing. DO NOT RINSE OUT – leave on the hair and dry as usual.
4) To bring out highlights and to lighten blonde hair, steep 1/2 cup of chamomile flowers in 1 litre of almost boiling water. COVER IMMEDIATELY – infuse for 10 – 15 minutes – strain and cool slightly. Shampoo hair then rinse with the chamomile infusion.
5) Marigold gives golden highlights to light hair. Saffron, turmeric, calendula, mullein in addition to any yellow blossomed herb or flower also add colour and highlights for blondes.
6) Blonde highlights rinse – 1cup of lemon juice, 3 cups of strong chamomile infusion, strained and cooled – mix juice & tea, rinse hair then let sit for an hour while you sit in the sun, wash out. Follow with a good natural conditioner.
The natural methods of colouring your hair are not instant. Unlike the chemical products these methods take repeated application over a period of time to bring out the desired result.
Check out Infusions vs Decoctions to learn the difference between these two extraction methods.