1 DAY ONLY – Don’t miss out!
Sunday 12th May 2013
For everyone who wants to learn more about growing and using herbs.
• Discover a large variety of medicinal and culinary herbs and plants for sale.
• Browse a wide variety of stalls with herbal products including preserves, coffee, teas, spices, skincare, bush foods, wineries and all sorts of yummy delights.
• Relax and revive at Café Sage for delicious, home baked, herb inspired food and beverages.
• Enjoy a wide variety of FREE demonstrations, guest speakers, talks and workshops.
• Special Guest Speaker for 2013: Annette McFarlane! Our very own local gardening expert is an author of four books, radio broadcaster, writer and teacher – and if that’s not enough, in her spare time Annette can be found tending her own large, productive garden complete with herbs, vegetables, fruit trees, chickens, ducks and sheep! Annette’s knowledge and passion for all things in the garden is sure to inspire us all.
• A great day out for Mum on Mother’s Day!
All this and much more awaits you at the Queensland Herb Society Annual Herb Awareness!
1 DAY ONLY – Sunday 12th of May 2013 from 9am to 4pm at the Albion Peace Hall, 102 McDonald Road, Windsor.
* A great day out for Mum!*
Entry by Gold Coin Donation only!
(Please note: No EFTPOS and only limited Credit Card facilities available)
Herb Awareness Guest Speakers
9.30am – 10.30am
Greg from Farmers Choice Organics putting together a 3 tier herb planter.
The demonstration will cover choosing the right herbs for each level and the orientation of each level.
Also the different soil combinations required to successfully grow 9 herbs together in the same planter.
11.00am – 12noon
Key Guest Speaker – Annette McFarlane – Garden writer, author of four books, broadcaster and teacher – Annette’s knowledge and passion for all things garden is sure to inspire us all.
12.30pm – 1.30pm
Valerie will be cooking up one of her special curries at lunchtime!
2.00pm – 3.00pm
Lise Racine from The Herbal Gardener is going to talk about the preparation of a therapeutic tea, decoction and demonstration of herbal steam facial baths.
Herb Awareness Demonstrations:
10.30am – 30 minutes – “Dogs are Natural Herbalists”
Karen from Natrapet will talk about herbs to grow, how to medicate through their food and correcting their pH.
12.00noon – 30 minutes – “Making Herb Coated Goat Cheese Pops”
Debbie from The Chilli Patch showing how to make goat’s cheese pops. They are simply goat’s cheese rolled into balls and then coated in spices, dukkah and fresh herbs. Ideal for a party starter.
1.30pm – 30 minutes – “Making Calendula Cream”
Elene from Natures Herbs for Health is a member of the NHAA as a Medicinal herbalist and runs her own home clinic. Elene will show us how to make Calendula cream with some information on how Calendula works topically and internally. She might also talk about Nettle (her favourite herb) and how this can work towards alkalinity in the body.
phone Debbie on (07) 5426 8299
Come along, bring a friend and experience Learning by Sharing.