Make vitamin water that’s actually good for you

I found this on Facebook the other day and thought I would share it with you.  It’s such a simple idea, yet so very good for you.

At a time where some of you are sweltering in early summer heat, this may be a great way to keep hydrated.

Borrowed from the Facebook page of A Life Balanced

Make your own vitamin water:
Add fruits instead of sugar for a natural sweetener for your H2O ♥

Cut the fruit into paper-thin slices or small chunks.
Combine ingredients with water.

Refrigerate 4-6 hours.

Serve over ice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Responses to Make vitamin water that’s actually good for you

1. Suzie says:

I’ve had this with cucumber, it was delicious and very refreshing.

2. I never thought the vitamin water that was sold in stores is really good. These actually look a whole lot better. Thank you for this recipe.

3. Oh holy cow!!! This is the best. Shared to Pinterest so next time i go looking for it it’s there. Heck yes. Yummmm.

4. othniel says:

Very interesting vitamin water topic I think iam going to try ThaT

5. LightFeather says:

WOW…WONDERFUL I was looking for something I could drink that doesn’t
    pain my stomach. Can’t drink anything with stevia, aspertame..ect. This vitamin water looks great..
    TY and Many Blessings

6. Robyn says:

All of these flavors sound wonderful, but I am especially excited to try the watermelon rosemary and blackberry sage flavors. I may even make them tonight to keep in my water bottle at work for tomorrow. These are great ways of incorporating healthy foods and herbs into our daily lives without sacrificing anything. You need water daily, and you need fruit daily. Put them together!

7. Maryjoy says:

These simple vitamin water recipes look delicious (and healthy!) It’s neat to learn about creative ways to make something like vitamin water with fruits and herbs. A lot of these ingredients may have medicinal properties, too, in addition to the vitamins they provide. I was researching a little about sage, and (although the evidence is somewhat conflicting – Natural Standard gives an efficacy grade of C) – sage has been studied as an agent which may improve memory and cognition, as well as assist in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease! Pretty interesting!

8. Evainnl says:

Add a crushed vitamin C tablet and the water will stay fresh a day or 2 longer.