Herbal oil the answer for eczema and dermatitis?

Eczema and dermatitis are very difficult to treat and those who suffer from it are driven to distraction by the discomfort they cause.  When babies and young children are affected it can be heart wrenching because the little ones can’t help themselves and often the scratching just makes things worse.

A couple of nights ago a local television program featured a herbal product I am quite interested in –  Garden Of Eden’s Baby Oil.

Always one to be wary of “snake oils” advertised as the latest cure, I looked into this herbal oil and so far I am impressed by the anecdotal evidence of its effectiveness.   Naturally the show featured a dermatologist who would prefer people to use cortisone based ointments and creams because “they have no side effects”.  Ok, so I don’t actually accept that cortisone doesn’t have side effects and I am more open than this particular expert as to the healing power of herbs.

Said to be based on an Aryuvedic formula of 14 herb extracts and 9 plant oils the oil is marketed as a baby oil, but can be used safely on any skin type. Since eczema and dermatitis is a common problem it comes as no surprise that the suppliers of this product have sold out after the program was aired.   The next shipment is expected in early August.

I have just ordered a bottle of the oil for my son who has a very resistant case of eczema and I’ll be more than happy to report how that works for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9 Responses to Herbal oil the answer for eczema and dermatitis?

1. M says:

So did it work?

2. h. pearson says:

My twin granddaughters have severe chronic excema, & absolutely nothing works permanently. Not wet wraps, hospitalisation, cortisone, etc. This oil would be a miracle if it worked on my little granddaughters. They are seven years old & since it was diagnosed at age 9 months, they have not had a day without being slathered in different creams etc.
    I would dearly to get some to try.

3. M says:

Yep, I’m also waiting… trying anything and everything!
    Do let me know when you try it.

4. anke says:

I seem to have missed out on the last lot of oil sent out. When I emailed Herbalink I got a lovely email back telling me it will be with me on Thursday.

Will report on my findings asap :)

5. Steve says:

To all those who have skin problems, try getting a shower filter to remove the chlorine and other contaminants, it may help, you can even ditch the soap and try bi carb soda, something is causing it, putting creams on forever is what the drug companies want,a cure will never be found…..for this and other medical problems, more money in not finding cures. Something that is going into you, onto you, or you are breathing in is causing it, could be the most obvious like dust to the smallest overlooked thing like allergy to a food or drink or and ingredient in them, INVESTIGATE instead of relying on doctors for creme and drugs. for olders people try the Hulda Clark olive oil liver cleanse to remove gall stones, I have done it numerous times and it works and helps the liver function properly by removing built up gallstones, mercury from fillings can also cause major problems, your body is like a vehicle, if there’s a problem, there’s usually a reason why, find the reason and solve the problem. prevention is better than cure, what the medical establishment is taught is dictated by the same people who own the pharma industry, conflict of interest?? you best. educate, investigate andb be well everyone.

6. Steve says:

also try emu oil, works really well and no side effects. cheers

7. clara says:

hi does any one know where i can by the garden of eded baby oil? i haved tryed to purchase it through health depot but amhaving no such luck, keeps saying cannot detemine freight. please help my 8 months old son needs to try this product :)

8. Madelyn Cox says:

eczema totally sucks coz they can also damage your skin when you scratch it~”;